About the Post

Author Information

I'm not a film critic, but I'll tell you what I think about the movies I watch. I enjoy understanding the history behind the movies we watch, as well as the collaborative effort necessary to produce movies.

What is the best movie series of all-time? You decide!

Advertisements

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments on “What is the best movie series of all-time? You decide!”

1. Brandon Conway October 24, 2012 at 3:02 PM #

In regards to sustained quality across the board: The Lord of the Rings

In regards to highest peak of any individual film: The Godfather

• jeffro517 October 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM #

I think you make two great points. I went with the Godfather for the simple fact that it is so timeless. We don’t know what The Lord of the Rings will be in 30 years.

2. ckckred October 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM #

I’m voting for The Godfather. Even with the lackluster third film the first two are among the greatest films ever made.

• jeffro517 October 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM #

Good choice. Pease share the poll, I’d love to see what people out there are thinking.

3. jeffro517 October 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM #

It was brought to my attention that I could have, and possibly should have, added Mission: Impossible to the list. Definitely a big omission on my part. I also wonder if I should have added in the 007 films. Your thoughts?

4. Brandon Conway October 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM #

James Bond would have been a good option, for longevity alone. Some others that come to mind: The Thin Man, Die Hard, Alien.

• jeffro517 October 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM #

So many to choose from, I appreciate all the added suggestions. Bond is a hard one for me since there has been little consistency other than the name of the title character.

5. Tyson Carter October 27, 2012 at 2:08 AM #

The Godfather hands down for me. Aside from Rocky, Im not a huge fan of any of the other films you mention…….I know, I know, I’m sorry thats just how I feel :)

• jeffro517 October 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM #

Don’t ever apologize for your opinion. I appreciate your thoughts on this question. Thanks for reading!