About the Post

Author Information

I'm not a film critic, but I'll tell you what I think about the movies I watch. I enjoy understanding the history behind the movies we watch, as well as the collaborative effort necessary to produce movies.

What upcoming film are you most excited about?

Over the last few weeks I’ve previewed many of the highly anticipated films coming to theaters near you soon. Here are the posts with my fifteen top picks.

Part I

Part II

Part III

It’s time to tell me what you’re most excited about. If you think I’ve missed one, just add it to the list.

Advertisements

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 Comments on “What upcoming film are you most excited about?”

1. Brandon October 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM #

Just saw 12 Years (amazing), so aside from that, my Top 5 are:

1. Ender’s Game
    2. Inside Llewyn Davis
    3. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    4. The Wolf of Wall Street
    5. Thor: The Dark World

• jeffro517 October 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM #

I think 12 Years is topping my list. After that I’m excited for The Hobbit, Ender’s Game, Dallas Buyers Club, and The Wolf of Wall Street

2. Tim The Film Guy October 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM #

I’d have to say Thor 2 but only because it is out real soon and The Hobbit isn’t out for a while :D

3. timneath October 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM #

too many to list, changes everyday, you can tell awards season is looming, all the best films are coming out now.

• jeffro517 October 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM #

Yeah, it’s a decent year. Maybe they’ll max out the Best Picture nominees this season.

• timneath October 23, 2013 at 5:39 AM #

It’s definetely a tough call at the moment. I think Tom Hanks is a shooing for a best actor this year, with Cate blanchett for best actress.

• jeffro517 October 23, 2013 at 8:27 AM #

I think we’ll see Best Actor as a close race once all of these films come out. It’ll be a fun season.

4. Brandon Conway October 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM #

As far as “other” goes: American Hustle looks really good

• jeffro517 October 22, 2013 at 7:01 PM #

Yeah, that could be good. I’m also looking forward to Out of the Furnace. I just tried to keep the list from growing too large.

5. Mac Slade Christensen October 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM #

I voted Ender’s Game, but I’m really excited about several of these. Llewyn Davis will be good, I always like the Cohens’ work.

• jeffro517 October 23, 2013 at 8:26 AM #

I agree. The Coen Bros. have a great feel for their work. I’m also excited for 47 Ronin.

6. Brandon Conway October 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM #

Monuments Men has been pushed to February to greater polish the post-production visual effects.

• jeffro517 October 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM #

Yeah, that’s an interesting update. I saw that Clooney came out in defense of the film against some of the rumors going around.